Monday, April 30, 2012

4/30/2012: Dieting in Delhi

This Mornings weigh in (with clothes): 243.8
Dietbet days remaining: 12
Day remaining til Oct 9,2012: 162

Delhi, my personal slice of the American dream, I have returned :D

This is where I come to "get away from it all". Its the grand escape from everything city related. Grass, trees, no noise or neighbors, hot tub, etc. But as far as things to do... there isn't much to do in this sleepy little place. In my opinion everyone needs to have a little place like this to come too. It's honestly another world.

The biggest problem (well recently anyway) is that this falls into an escape and or a vacation, and we like to eat and drink alot here! Our favorite supermarket, Price Chopper is here, and open 24/7 for your food desires! It's just overflowing with snacks and junk food. As usual, we shopped for our stay here, and thankfully left with only some sugar free pudding and fat free whip cream in the cart. Not bad for a couple of people who at one time would bring back almost as much in snacks as we did real food!!! We also have some "diet bombs" in the house to contend with... snacks from past trips, booze (lots of booze, this is Camp Sisco after all), etc. But with no corner store right downstairs, we should avoid the traps easily.

Though its our escape, this is not to say I am off my diet! I have brought our scale with me so I am reminded that I have a goal in mind. The immediate one is Dietbet, which ends on May 11th. I have 12 days to shed about 3 more pounds. I haven't been 100% on my diet this time around, but I feel its certainly easy to finish on the win side. Being 240 or less with 150 days to go will be terrific!!

After this round of Dietbet, my next small goal is to hit 225.. I have not seen that number on the scale in a VERY long time. Looking at 43.8 pounds is a tough number, but looking at it in chunks makes it easier in my opinion. 3.8 pounds now, 15 pounds from 240, and then poof 25 to get to my 200 pound goal! :D nice!!! At my current weight, looking at the avgerage weight loss a month also helps. with 5 months to go, thats just under 9 pounds a month :D totally do able!!

OK enough blogging, time to enjoy Delhi for what its worth. I will check in again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.