Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4/18/2012: set backs, interviews, and more

Todays Weigh in (With clothes): 251
Days til my 200 pound goal: 174
5K training day: Day ~0~


I have decided that wearing my clothes is more realistic a measure, specially with my being in my 2nd dietbet challenge. After all, it's kind of silly to do one, get dressed, then weigh in again for another scale. The other thing I want to start doing is listing my goals at the top as well. It give me some motivation I think to at least see things are changing. In the case of the 5K, for now, its training, and will switch to a countdown when I sign up for my first run.

Sadly, no weight has been lost since we started the dietbet challenge. I agrro'ed my knee on Monday pushing myself on the treadmill, and now have been taking it easy somewhat. I am also a little under the weather, so I will not workout today, and just rest easy. Tomorrow hopefully with be back to more normal circumstances :)

As for the diet, Its going. I knew the wall was coming, and I feel its now here. I have some time still to lose my weight, but I think it will be much harder this time around. The Worst case senario is that my friends will get my $25. (Seriously, don't count on that money my friends, I will lose the weight, even if I have to live on my treadmill the last week to do it!)

I had a Phone Interview with Ted Spiker today, from Runner's world. I havent realized how far I've come until the last few day thinking about the interview. When I started dieting, I could barely run at all, this week, I pushed, but did run 4 miles no stop! I have a way to go, but I look forward to doing that 5k, and continuing my training. I even bought a pair of running shoes JUST for working out. Hows that for being serious :) I will link the interview when I see it come up!

While I thought I had this month to NOT find a reason to party, it seems, my family will find a way to gather and make me eat a big dinner lol. Tonight we will dine for my Aunt's birthday... This time though, I plan to eat light and/or just half of the meal. They are trying a new place, so I have no clue what the menu looks like, etc. I will have to play it by ear.

Over all, I am feeling quite good today, despite my setbacks. I was dealing with a little depression (This time of year is always bad for it for some reason) but at least I can focus more on my goald and try not to fall into it.

OK off to do my thing and relax some. Talk to you tommorow!

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.