Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Fat Head" Movie

Todays Weigh in (With clothes): 247.8
Days til my 200 pound goal: 173
5K training day: Day 1

Its a good morning when I hit the scale and see some weigh loss I wasn't expecting :). The 3 pounds down from my Saturday weigh in made me very happy indeed. NOW I feel like I'm getting someplace. 47 .8 pounds... I got that ;) (sooo confident too I must say)

Yesterday I re-watched "Fat Head" the anti-movie of "Supersize Me" & I tend to agree with it some. I think a pure veggie diet is not what mother nature has intended for us (sorry vegan friends) I also believe that most of us have a more then a few brain cells rolling around in our heads and CAN make our own decisions. Unlike Spurlock, he actually shows the paperwork to back up his claim. While I would like to try the way he was eating (far more yummy then eating diet food), I might save that for after the Dietbet challenge. In his honor though, I did have a wonderful breakfast of 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon, slice of cheese, and coffee with half & half, (w/ fiber of course) and you know what, it was all of 335 calories, and EIGHT carbs... 4 of those from the fiber. I feel FULL, you know, as in that I ate a nice meal. There might be something to this! :D. Check out his page if you like: http://www.fathead-movie.com/

I did the Runner's World interview yesterday. I enjoyed it, but kind of dropped the ball talking about myself, and not dropping in some Dietbet comments until I was coached by the PR firm to do so. Ugh. We see how that plays out, but I do think that Runner's World will tie it in somehow, as why would this guy want to talk to a random plus sized runner to talk with? I will link the article when it's up of course, and hopefully there is enough Dietbet verbage to make people happy.

Speaking of running, I think its another day of taking it easy. My knee is still flaring up at times, and I don't want to push it. I will get on the treadmill today and get some movement in, but nothing thats going to pound my knee too hard. I love being on the thing, and hate that I can't run like before w/o hurting my knee some. I so have plans to do a 5K this summer however. and I will do it too, I think i just need some more training.

OK off to move my body and maybe eat a cheeseburger, hehe. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cuz...nice work..I just started my diet monday..need to shed that fat

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.