Monday, April 9, 2012

4/9/2012: Back to work!

This Mornings weigh in: 256.4

As you know, I had just completed the Dietbet Challenge and as happily at 252. Well after posting the video, the wife and I went out to celebrate.

Honestly I was good at the start, but the supposed one meal treat turned into a weekend long celebration. With Easter Sunday being the main event. A literal candy breakfast at the BFFL's (and yes I made myself sick) with Dinner at Moms house immediately to follow. In my family, holiday dinners are seldom a dieters affair.

::sigh:: The scale doesnt lie to you when you've been bad.

But its OK. I allowed it to happen and I am over it :D. I will get back into my routine, eating right, working out, keeping the salt low, etc. I know a LOT of this holiday/celebration weight will slide off me IF I behave correctly (Salt was definitly a factor all weekend). Also looking at the calendar, I am safe from any such events until Mother's Day.

So back to work! This week's goal is to get to 250 pounds before Saturday for the next Dietbet challenge. That number would put me at exactly 10 pounds to lose for the event. This goal is not a hard line though, if I am 252 again, its no biggie. This time though, My wife will be joining me, so unless she plans to just sabotage ME, we will both be eating healthy together, a terrific habit to form :D.

Off to work :D have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.