Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3/28/12: Kidney Stone & Knee

Sorry its been a few days since I posted or anything, I have been going through a rough patch.

First, my knee is totally shot. I don't know how or what I did to it, but I can barely walk on it, never mind hit my treadmill.


Second, I seem to have goten "lucky" with a kidney stone over the weekend :( Painful enough to go to the ER and sit there for 8+ hours. I am hoping that it has passed, but I cant be sure until I am pain free for a few days.

So the one-two punch has messed up my diet goals. To combat the stone, I am drinking a huge amount of water, and because I can't move my body, I've become very stationary. I believe the couple of pounds I put on over the last few days is from water, but I can't be sure. Finally, because of this I have been really depressed that after all this work, I might not reach the goal for the Dietbet Challenge. to be at the goal only for it to be snatched away really would suck!

I will try to stay positive however. I still have a week plus, and If I'm very careful, I might be able to fend off any weight gain until after the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.