Monday, March 5, 2012

T-Minus 4 days to the Dietbet kickoff & I am excited!!!

Hey gang!

As most of you know, I am really trying to lose some weight, Its been a good start so far, but I have kinda let it fall to the side some. I still want to make my goal of around 200 lbs by my birthday in October! I honestly don't remember when I was 200 pounds, maybe in college?

Sometimes you get help in ways you never expect though. A group that many of you know is near and dear to me, All-Pro eaters, somehow hooked up with business called Dietbet to do a promotion. Yup you read that right, my competitive eater group is working with a diet social network. They extended an offer to me to be part of the promotion, and I accepted it. While I am usually the "Velvet Voice" and host of the eating events, I don't see anything wrong with being a contestant to LOSE weight! ;)

The promtion/game/contest kicks off this Friday March 9th @ Ripley's Believe It Or Not with a pizza eating contest (If you can come watch, that would be cool BTW) and then we do the weigh in. I have 4 weeks to lose 4% of my body weight. I'm not shy, I am about 270 pounds, so that is about 12 pounds I must lose in 28 days.

So I decided to start up my old blog (I cleaned it out too, everything was dated from like 2008/2009), and talk about what I am doing over the course of the next 4+ weeks. Eating habits, work-outs, daily weigh ins, etc. By having it out there for all to see, I think it will help with my motivation, and if I am not up to snuff, you gys will know when to yell at me ;)

Hopefully, you come by and check in on me, and leave some feedback, good or if needed, some encouragement. I know some of you have offered your help taking my butt to the gym, etc and YES I will be very interested in getting out with you guys to do some of that:) After all, I wanna kick ass in this game, not only because I want to lose the weight, but there is CASH involved if I make the goal.

Right now, I am upstate with the Debster, and of course, I am kinda letting my eating habits go a bit (I know, I'm bad). Come wednesday however, I will get back into the swing of things, and then REALLY start to work on my diet Friday!

Come back Wednesday for my 1st private weight in prior to the kickoff! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.