Saturday, March 31, 2012

3/31/2012: Was that 253 this morning??

So I stepped on the scale and there it was... 253.6! I just need to maintain now for the week, and I am in the green for the Diet challenge :)

I was impressed, though I know it won't stay there all day (I got water to drink, food to eat, etc.) but just SEEING it was great for my mental health :), knowing I had at least for the time being passed the 11 pound mark!

Yesterday was not really healthy in terms of food choices, Lean Pocket in the morning, Green Leaf Chicken Ceaser wrap w/ a salad for lunch, and Dallas BBQ for dinner. But what I DID do for dinner was not order the biggest plate of food, just a 1/4 chicken white meat and then stayed away from 1/2 the rice and cornbread on my plate. (I'm going ALWAYS to eat cornbread, thats a mortal sin to pass it up). LOTS of veggies (steamed brocolli carrots and string beans)and water, no soda please :)

We also went to a party and I DIDN'T stay near the little spread that had out. I did pick some but better to nibble then indulge.

My knee is still in pain, so that kind of sucks. I have hit the treadmill some, but nothing major. Hopefully I will STAY OFF MY KNEE someday soon and follow the RICE treatment for a few days :P

So the plan is working, Lots of water, keeping the salt low, keeping the fiber high (Though I need that for more then weight loss), and sticking to about 1200 calories. I will exercise as best as I can as well, if I even burn off breakfast (200-300 calories) I will consider it a plus :)

In other news, I have officially created my own Dietbet challenge, and the kickoff date is April 14th at high noon! I have really taken the social dieting site to heart, and want to get my friends into it as well!

OK off to do my thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.